Saturday, September 3, 2011

Happy Belated Birthday Malaysia!

So people, a thought just came to me on celebrating Merdeka. I'm not trying to be critical or anything. I love Malaysia. I really do. I love our national language. I love Malaysians who have peculiar traits, some good and some bad. We have the friendly Malaysians who make this country a much better place to live in. Most of us are anti-war. We prefer the tak payah havoc la principle, sometimes it's good but at times it's bad. If something is unjust then we must voice it out. If I ever become a law student, I'd probably insert something from the federal coonstitution as a proof that we have every right to do so. And the definitely bad part about Malaysians would be that we are shamelessly not punctual, the sambil lewa characteristic. I can talk about our filthy public toilets, government and rude taxi drivers but we don't have all day,do we? 
Anyway, back to said thought becoming, I remember attending an Independence Day Celebration at my school last year. My sisters preferred to not attend just because they thought it wasn't fruitful event. At first, I was full of patriotism, defending that we all should. And giving reasons such as we should be proud of all of this. But then they said that just because you attend an Independence day celebration, it doesn't make you patriotic. You could show your love to Malaysia by actually working hard and some day contribute to the country's economy. I didn't remember how I retaliated but I don't exactly remember giving a good comeback. Maybe I had thought to a certain extent, they were right. They were only being practical, weren't they? 
Well I still attended the celebration anyway. And I still don't think it's exactly right to miss one of these celebration. Maybe it's because...Nah, I'd come up with something lame and corny. Hardly helpful. I guess I must say, it feels quite bad to not celebrate. Anybody else care to reason?
 I actually forgot to wish everyone the other day, Eid Mubarak! And also... SELAMAT ULANG TAHUN KEMERDEKAAN KE-54 MALAYSIA! I'd say I''m sorry I'm late' but then again, wishing you late doesn't mean I don't love you, Malaysia. Muah!

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis