Saturday, September 24, 2011

Leadership Camp

You know what, I just realized that I should stop fussing what to write, how silly of me, I know. I'll write whatever I want to share. Muahaha! Power-hungry-tyrannian-despot mode. So people, I just came back from a leadership camp. Funny that it's called 'Pemurnian Budi' beCause no, I don't think that it had much to do with etiquette cleansing or whatever you call it. Even so, I had such a great time. Sorry, can't come up with a better adjective.

 There was just so much to do there. Jungle trekking for the world! Oh, and never forget to bring along your first aid kit to you activity spot because things can happen. Guess what, it did. One of the juniors got stung by some scorpion species which sent her jumping up and down and screaming at the same time. Honestly, I thought it was some bug, so I was thinking 'Is this necessary?'. And then I saw the creature, which one of the instructors later crushed with her mighty shoe. I'm so bad. Poor girl, she was sent to the hospital.

 Wow, I get so easily distracted. Actually I was gonna tell you about what we did this morning.See yesterday, our counselor told got us into groups and we were given a task to create a new invention but we had to make do with whatever there was in the area. As expected, the group that I was in came up with a really weird idea called 'Botol Inspirasi'. What we did was folded strips of Alia's PMR exercise papers into stars and put them into a bottle. And basically we just hentam and said that it was symbolic for our lives. The stars represented our talents. Supposedly. And when we presented it today I couldn't stop but laugh hysterically infront of everyone because I felt so daft. The counselor even had to instruct me to take deep breaths. I said something like ' In order to unleash you talent, you have to *laugh* you have to *opens the bottle cap and poured some stars out*'. Well, I admit our team didn't put that much effort into making our project. Sighs. Sorry to those who were present, I was just embarrassed. Still, go team Wacky ! Thanks to everyone in the group. Thanks to Ome who took over when I guffawed suddenly.

 Moving on, we got fourth out of five teams. Which was a pleasant surprise. Really, it was. And Putri's team got first! Then, cikgu Latifah did the weirdest thing, she actually crushed the top three projects. And again, I was like, 'Is this really necessary?'. Looking at the other teams' projects, I could tell that they put a lot of effort into making their masterpieces. I didn't exactly feel any sad emotion at first but when someone cried and shared the philosophy behind all that, I started feeling sorry. The teacher started explaining that her act was symbolic to how leaders are treated at times. Other people are just interested seeing the product of our work. No one saw or care how much effort that we put in. And we get hurt, after all of that, our work is not acknowledged. I had a minor feeling of deja vu. Just a little.

 Still I feel contented that I went there.After all, it was the jungle. I don't know if I'll become a better person. Maybe. Maybe not. But I sure did enjoy the camp so much! And the people were great. I love my roommates Syifa,Nazihah and Azreena. I'm glad that we got to know each other better. Thanks to Putri who did such a great job on being the penghuluwati, I feel so bad because you did so much. I'm glad that we all kamcing. So people, I reccommend Dusun Minda Resort, Kuala Nerang to you guys. Okay, I better get some rest. My hands ache so much from attempting a Tarzan stunt yesterday. Twice.

2 comments:

  1. You better soksek e-v-e-r-y-t-h-i-n-g with me in school tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wait, I'll soksek to you more whenever we have more time to soksek!

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis