Tuesday, August 30, 2011

The Raya Diaries;Water MIA


I love Kelantan, honestly I do love going back to my kampung in Kota Bharu. I assume that every relative of mine loves going back to visit our beloved Tok We Che here but we also one mutual fear, the race to obtain water. Yes, sad isn't it? Honestly, the shortage of water over here is something that we're all used to I think. Nothing big.
But it does get funny sometimes. And yes, troublesome is obvious. But still. This morning, I woke up a bit late only to find that my sisters had gone downstairs to help out in the kitchen.So, my dad was sort of scolding me for such tardiness and laziness. Well it was 7.45 a.m. It was probably considered late because it was the morning of Eid where all the girls( I resent the fact that the guys don't) help in the kitchen to prepare the food for guests after the annual prayer of the morning of Eid.
After all the frenzy in the kitchen,my mom finally told me to shower before the water ran out. My aunt corrected her that water was restored and didn't have to worry about the shortage of water.And so I took my time taking all my baju kurung and other necessities and went into the bathroom. Before I managed to shower, the water ran out. And I panicked..NOOO!!!! I was thinking that this couldn't possibly be.It's Eid, and I don't get to shower?
After some whining to anyone who'd listen to my raya woes, I decided that I could shower at my cousin's house which was beside tok we's. Everyone had already returned from the mosque and guests were already filling the house. But I had to do what I had to do; get a shower.So I braced myself and covered my head with a my green Winnie the Pooh towel, still wearing my pajamas and holding my baju kurung and walked pass the living room where all the guests were.Some did stare. But not all, still, I was flustered. But I managed to get my shower after all of that.
So, you guys probably think it's weird that from all the things I've got to tell from my Eid this year, I chose to tell this. Well, maybe I did choose this story because it's authentic Kelantanese story. I just felt I wanted to record this after sixteen years of going through such.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis