Monday, August 22, 2011

Rojak Jom!

This post was inspired by my previous post which which I wrote two years back. Unfortunately (or is it fortunately?),I have removed it from public viewing because it SUCKED one load of rotten marshmallows, haha. I don't know if any of you actually read it but oh my, the horror I felt when I read it a few days ago. I was (probably am still) a language killer.
I think, scratch that, I'm certain that most Malaysians are familiar with the rojak language. Yes, Malaysians are unique like that. We tend to mix English, Malay, Tamil and Chinese ( in my case, just the former two) and thus, giving birth to another glorious language, which I call it rojak.Not such a glorious name ey?Others, who take pride in this language, call it the 1 Malaysia language. Ahhh how isnpirational,a big HAHA there, I must add.
In a way, I do feel that this language feels like home, an identity for Malaysians. And it really has a humour touch to it. Very betul meh. And I won't deny that I do practice this language. Just because it's a friendly mother-tongue and it makes people smile. Who can resist that? Alright, it's also because that it's an easy alternative when I can't find the right words with just Engligh or Malay.
People who are prissy in these matters don't think the same. It deteriorates our use of language. Yes, unfortunately, I see this is true to a certain extent. But then, it makes Malaysia a happy place to live, or so I'd like to think. So, anybody up for ABC drink next? Jomla

2 comments:

ShareThis