Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Overused Excuses and Divine Speech

I'm back (again)!

I know it's been about six moths since I last posted and I won't give the following excuses:

a) I'm too lazy
b) Procrastination is my middle name
c) I'm busy
d) I have a writer's block

The fact that I laid them all out means they're  all sort of true. Except for (d) because I did think of some posts to write but never realized them, which brings me back to a,b,c.

Obligatory introduction aside, sometime ago I read all my posts again and MY GOD the posts were so cringe-worthy.  I have finally come to this stage where I get embarrassed of the stuff I wrote back then. Ironically, I didn't understand when other bloggers say this kind of stuff back then. Now I know better.

Updates!

So I came back from Divine Speech which was awesome!

I've always loved Nouman Ali Khan's talks. I can say that Divine Speech is the best seminar I've ever attended.These are some of the topics discussed (which I copied from its web page).

Why does the Qur’an repeat itself so much? Why are its stories not in chronological order? Why are its chapters in the sequence they are in?  What is the purpose of the oaths in the Qur’an?  Why are there claims that the Qur’an has grammatical mistakes?

And good news, the seminar will be aired on Bayyinah TV. Before Divine Speech is uploaded, you should check the other videos. Go subscribe! Payment is optional.

Not to romanticize anything but Bayyinah is one of the best things that has happened to my life. To know and truly believe that the Quran is from God, rather than just being told it is so,  is just superb.

I don't know if I can ever promise to write constantly but I do want to.


No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis