Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Words Hurt

Not everyone is nice. Well everyone has a good or bad side. It is just that when people say a person is nice or bad, they are describing the dominating personality of a person, or the perceived dominating personality.
Honestly, only God can judge, and he judges correctly.

My point for today is actually, despite being brutally frank is always honest, I am thankful that I am not like that. Being frank can be hurtful. if I were brutally honest, I would be a lonely person. I know I am not the only one.

Besides, being frank also means speaking what is on your mind then. But sometimes, you only mean some things at a point in time. And those they could be really ugly thoughts. This mostly applies to moments of anger. And once, your words are out, oh it's out. I guess this is the best time to include some Malay proverb.

Terlajak perahu boleh diundur,
Terlajak cakap buruk padahnya.

Hey, bukan selalu nak berperibahasa haha.

Honestly, I don't ask questions I think I might not want to hear the answer. This post is pretty ironic for me since it is recently that I felt that I've learned to be more frank.

If you feel I am generalizing things, it probably is true. But that is what writers do! (I saw this from a columnist in reader's digest, or did he say that is what columnists do).

But essentially, I don't mean honesty is not the best policy. It is. Don't get me wrong. I think the word I must highlight today is frank. Being frank is not always the best policy. How did this end so cheesily?

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis