Monday, March 21, 2016

An Inconvenient Time to Feel Faint

I experienced a somewhat moment yesterday.  I brought it upon my myself. I cycled as fast as I could to the Union because I was running late. I reached the Union and ran into the TAP room (computing site) and keyed in my username and password while trying to catch my breath. That was when I experienced the first wave of nausea. I immediately thought about my first and last time of fainting during a training session about a year ago. I knew I was close to passing out. I remembered I was told that should I ever feel like fainting, I should lie down. So I lied down in the TAP room. No one was there. Then I heard footsteps. I remembered thinking this person is going to ask me if I was alright. I was prepared to explain that I would be if I continued lying down for a bit. Then I heard the same footsteps walking out. Then I thought to myself "DID THIS PERSON JUST WALK OUT ON ME?" I could have possibly been actually sick. Holding on to my diminishing but still-existing faith in people, I thought he/she would go get help. But no one came. So I picked myself up. I was still late anyway. So I printed my paper and rushed to my next destination.



No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis