Sunday, January 15, 2012

The Case of the Fruits Plastic Surgeries


Is it just me who realized this or everyone does too except that it is a fact not acknowledged? The fact that Malaysia has more than enough fruits to keep us fit and healthy but then we turn them into something otherwise. Instead of shedding those calories, we only add to them.

Exhibit A

Before modification
This is a picture of some very healthy and nutritious bananas.
After modification
 Do you see what happened to those fruits? Changed beyond recognition but we Malaysians regognize it too well, ey?Deep fried, crispy and all nutritions (almost) lost!

Banana fritters (better known as pisang goreng)


 Exhibit B

Before modification  
This is a picture of a collection of healthy fruits. A variety of apple roses (jambu) and cucumbers.



After modification 
Would you just look at that? Fu-yoh! Dipped into what we call kuah rojak. Excessive sugar, yeah?



Exhibit C

Before modification
Jackfruits! Provides vitamins and minerals. I'm not so sure since I don't like this fruit but I'm pretty sure that if consumed excessively, it'll turn unhealthy. I mean, you'll turn unhealthy.


But still, not unhealthy as excessively consuming........

After modification 

Again, deep fried. Are we seeing a pattern here?



Well , well, well. I think I have demonstrated enough. Feeling remorseful everyone?  According to an article from The Star last year, the number of percentage of obese Malaysians has increased from 4.4% to 14.0% of the total population.

Okay, this is probably rich of me doing a post on health since I myself love cekodok pisang (especially the ones fried excessively; crunchy  on the outside but melts in the inside) and banana fritters! But still, I hope that someday that I will control myself from consuming too much of these modified food. God has bestowed  us a healthy body, lets make the best of it. I honestly think it's bad to say 'Life is too short, eat all you want'. Okay, again rich of me saying this but come on people, doesn't 'eating all we want' make our lives even shorter?

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis